Site Approach & Purpose
Context is always crucial
Spirituality in America
Foundation of Religions
8 Ultimate Issues - Premises
What is Truth and the Path
Do We Need a Fresh Theology?
Perspective on Myth
Premise Regarding Christianity
Why Care About Myth?
The Saturnian Scenario
Man's Enshrined Ignorance
Site Section Links
Aspects of Jesus
5 Gospels Canon
Misc Ancient Myth Material
1994 Velikovsky Symposium
Book Critiques Links
Misc Biology Links
Poetry & Fun Material
PDF Download Files
Lecture & Video Links
Spiritual Products online store
"Mankind cannot live in
constant fear of horrors that may hurtle at him from the sky, but
neither can he walk about complacently in a false security that his
science and technology can protect him from the inviolable, albeit
often undiscernible, laws of the universe and their rampaging
off-shoots. No matter how optimistic one may be, perhaps he cannot help
occasionally glancing upward, The rub is that with most of the hurtling
horrors, from black holes to comets, ducking won't help." B. Steiger, "Hurtling Horrors from Outer Space,"
Man's World, Oct. 1974, Vol. 20, no. 5, p. 52
Why the Saturnian Scenario?:
Some Personal and other relevant considerations
Note: The Saturnian Reconstruction or scenario is bigger than a theory or
hypothesis, but is an extensive, paradigmatic reconstruction of ancient
times involving many dimensions of cosmology, planetary catastrophe,
religion, psychology, culture, geology, ancient ecology, paleontology,
archaeology, life sciences, languages and word origins, anthropology, symbol
development, etc., including an unknown but extensive period of time
labeled the Golden Age, with Saturn as our primordial sun.
I am a critical thinker, a scientist, and am not a credulous person.
Falsity and misinformation are repugnant to me, and I consider belief in
such to be insidious, dangerous and evil to both the person and society.
The very last thing I want to do is to promulgate further confusion or
nonsense. I don't believe in modern astrology, Alien Abductions, Reverse
Speaking, Fortune-telling the Future, Transubstantiation, ad nauseam, a long
list of esoteric and ill-supported constructs that are proposed, promoted,
and accepted by substantial numbers of other people. Many/most? newspapers
even publish a daily astrology section.
Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh,... and for Molech. 1 Kings 11:7
On the other hand, I have believed in and actively supported the
Saturnian Reconstruction Scenario for more than the last 40 years. I
have had to ponder much and challenge often as to why I was convinced
before a handful of people considered it credible, even before there was
even a partially settled model, before there existed a physics and orbital
dynamics to support any plausible model, before more than a few of the
problems were worked out, before much of the very considerable myth
correlation work that has been done since. Now I am happy and satisfied that
these supports HAVE been adequately developed, but why DID I take this
obstreperous position at that time? Here is a list covering the primary reasons:
- I have always accepted a paradigm of human devolvement versus
- The Old Testament narrative starts with there being two light
generators, two suns in the sky. The text does NOT refer to the
- In the Old Testament, three chief gods were El, Moloch, Chemosh,
and these names and other titles referred to the planet Saturn or its
- I had already learned that the foremost planet god of virtually all
ancient cultures was Saturn.
- I had already learned that down through the ages various and sundry cultures
sacrificed men, women and children to gods that were Saturn or its aspects.
- Alexander Hislop, in The Two Babylons, had convinced me that
Roman Catholicism was patterned after Saturn Worship. I later learned in a
much wider scope that many or most of the aspects and concepts of God in
ALL the major religions came
from ancient Saturn worship and mythology.
- It is widely accepted that ancient people worshipped the Pantheon of planet gods, first
Saturn, Mars, Venus and then later Jupiter and the sun.
- What used to be the most important day of the week was named after Saturn.
- Sunday as the Lord's day transitioned from The Sabbath as Saturn's day..
- The Greek names for Saturn were Kronos and Chronos, the latter
being the root for our words regarding time and timekeeping, and this
new and powerful explanation for why Saturn is known as "Father
Time" or the Father of Time.
- I could see that some of the most alien or unacceptable concepts of God,
were patterned after a stationary central luminary.
- By the evidence, I was already convinced that the gas giants of the solar system
are basically low powered stars that give off more energy than they receive
from the sun.
- The Saturnian Scenario provided an explanation for the introduction of a
night of complete darkness, and the associated universal inherent fear of
it. The blackness of night never made sense to me as a purposeful
or desirable creation.
- Velikovsky opened up serious consideration of this scenario with
his unpublished manuscript listing some major pertinent aspects, and did so
without even a model.
- I have never taken the pronouncements of mainstream cosmology as the truth.
- At the time, I somewhat intuitively knew that the dinosaurs
could not exist in our gravitational environment of today.
- Although it may have gone some way towards adapting, I could see that the human body was neither designed for nor
did it develop in our current gravitational environment.
- There was always a plethora of reasons to be convinced that something
was seriously amiss with the non-catastrophic proposed reconstructions of the ancient times.
- The planetary catastrophic paradigm provided a completely different and
explanation for the origin of belief in devils and demons, hell and hellfire.
- I was already convinced that there had been a literal Golden
Age, the essence of the myth of the Garden of Eden, the Isle of
Avalon, the Age of Perfect Virtue, etc.
Since that early adoption, almost all of the blanks and missing pieces
have been filled in to my satisfaction, and the overall scenario has been confirmed
by the standard used in every USA courtroom, that being, beyond a reasonable doubt. See
The Third Story
The following is a list of general factors, concerning myth, composed
by Rens van der Sluijs:
- Mythology and traditional cosmologies contain a "fossil history of
dramatic events in nature", events and circumstances not seen today
- There was a specific myth-making epoch, which can be identified in
time in the ballpark of roughly 10,000 BP.
- Myths are concerned with an "age of myth" or "age of the gods",
which can be identified in relative time
- The "creation" of ancient traditions is not concerned with the
actual origin of the world, but merely with a time of drastic visible
changes in the appearance of the earth and the sky
- Mythical archetypes form a web of tightly interlocking themes
- The equivalence of myth, ritual and iconographic symbol
- Most of the actors in the myths, certainly the key players, are or
turn into astronomical bodies (at least from the perspective of the
- There is rough sequence of episodes: from "chaos" to a "golden age"
to a "catastrophic disintegration"
- Most of the world's deities are alter egos of each other,
tracing to a very limited number of original actors
- There are specific themes of forms such as the "enclosure", axis
mundi, concentric circles, stationary luminary on top, etc.
The comparative method that is used for the conclusions of this site
emphasizes points of agreement. Each source is first vetted individually and
each piece of evidence must be solid.