Should not intelligent, reasonable men of good
will be able to agree on all things that matter?
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to
one who is striking at the root." -
Henry David Thoreau
and other features
Aspects of Jesus
5 Gospels Canon
Philosophers of Note
Golden Age Themes
Misc Ancient Myth Material
1994 Velikovsky Symposium
Book Critiques Links
Misc Biology Links
Poetry & Fun Material
PDF Download Files
Lecture & Video Links
Site Features Links
Site article checklist
Spiritual Products online store
Dealing adequately with the ultimate issues cannot be undertaken
successfully unless one has taken the inward journey to fully understand and
embrace one's own legitimate needs and desires.
This is what we can KNOW unfiltered, firsthand. There IS NO other valid perspective
or starting point!
- Site Author
Simple Mistakes Affecting Christian Knowledge
SMACK: these are SOME of the blatant mistakes made in Christian thinking.
- Hades = Hell. This was an unwarranted equation. Hades was simply the "unseen realm" where people were
thought to go upon dying.
- Gehenna = Hell. Gehenna was literally the Valley of Hinnom outside
of Jerusalem, and was simply the city refuse dump.
- Sin = transgression of the law. Sin is misunderstanding and
- Cross as burden, as in “Take up your cross and follow me.” The
correct translation would be "Pull up your tethering stake and follow
- Satan = Devil. These were NOT the same. Satan was a mythical Angel
who worked for God in testing men, and the "devil" concept has its roots
in Mazdaism and Zoroastrianism.
- Personification of the "Holy Spirit" by Yeshua was wrongly
made equivalent to a real, incorporeal
being instead of denoting "Attitude" or "Mentality"
- Personification of the "Father" as a person by Yeshua was
wrongly made into a member of the mythical Trinity instead of being the
corporate entity of the unfallen humans in the universe.
- Idioms, figures of speech and common sayings of the day and their
intended meanings have been taken literally and have been made into
doctrine or dogma.
- Overextending the meaning of what the Gospel author meant
- Faith and Belief as being equivalent to accepting dogma and doctrine instead of
understanding the truth.
- Hypocrisy has been made equivalent to inconsistent behavior instead of
its intended meaning denoting lack of critical
thinking and good judgment.
- Ecclesia has been meta-morphized into being equivalent to church instead of
being a council of seasoned, responsible
- WORSHIP has been made equivalent to indulging in rites and attending
rituals, liturgy and religious services versus giving credit for the origin, and more
especially the sustenance and enhancement of life. Worship is the
opposite of fear.
- Dogma/Doctrine made equivalent to truth as final best we can know it, instead of
concepts always being subject to clearer spiritual vision.
- Commandments made equivalent to demands of fiat law versus being Instructions or Directions
- SPIRIT made equivalent to a living entity versus being an attitude, an animating or vital principle held
to give meaning to living physical organisms, a temper or
disposition of mind, the activating or essential
principle influencing a person, a special attitude or
frame of mind, a mental disposition characterized by
firmness or assertiveness, the general intent or real
meaning of a communication. Specifically in ontology,
the underlying director of human volition and will.
SPIRITUAL adj: on the opposite end of the spectrum or in opposition to
physical, it primarily means, in a technical or more general sense,
"non-material". In a more significant sense it means producing morale, related to
meaningful, pertaining to the realm of philosophy and theological ideas
and beliefs, relating to intellectual, philosophical and
religious matters rather than mundane or material matters.
THEOLOGY n: the systematic study and reasonable
interpretation of conceptual information, spiritual knowledge and consistent logical extensions
or conclusions primarily about the Creator as subject.
Theology deals with the intangible or initially
unknowable, spiritual truths which one must choose to
believe, and pertains to WHY as well as HOW the Creator
relates to the universe and humanity.